Congratulations to all of our graduating seniors! We’re sad to see you go, but we wish you luck on your next step in life. We’re glad you chose to make Grayson Cottages your home away from home this past year. If you’re staying in Columbia this summer, be sure to check out our June events listed below. As the weather warms up and we approach the official start of summer, be sure to get outside in the pool or on our volleyball court. We’ll have plenty of outdoor events this summer for you to participate in. We look forward to a wonderful summer with all of you!
—Grayson Cottages Staff
Our gym got a makeover! All of the new, energy-efficient equipment has been installed and is ready to use. The gym is available to all residents 24/7. The clubhouse can be accessed any time after hours by using your front door fob.
Reminders & Updates
- Move-Out Procedures: When you are moving out, please bring your keys to the front desk so we can make a copy of them as well as get a forwarding address from you. If you are reletting, please don’t hand your keys over to your reletter. Return them to us so that we can walk them through the move-in procedures.
- When you return your keys, please ask for an address change form. We will not change your address for you, and we won’t forward any mail to you after you move out.
- Glass and pets are not permitted in the pool at any time. Broken glass or pet feces in/around the pool will force us to shut it down for cleaning and reinspection, which could take up to a week!
- Please don’t leave your trash out on your porch! You can be charged for leaving bags out. Plus, raccoons and other critters will tear into the bags and scatter trash all over the property!
- Office hours are Monday–Friday from 9 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m.–4 p.m., and Sunday from noon–4 p.m.
- Don’t forget that rent is due on the 1st of the month! The first late fee will be applied on the 4th at 8:30 a.m., and an additional $25 will be applied every four days after the 4th.
Summer Like a Local
Whether you’re going home or staying put for the summer, take advantage of all our community has to offer! Summers can be a great chance to enjoy the area in some new and different ways. With the hectic pace of school, many students miss out on opportunities to get involved and have fun in their local community during the academic year — it’s time to change that! From festivals to parks and local attractions, below are some ways you can summer like a local. As a bonus, most of them are either free or very affordable!
- Do something touristy
- Visit a farmers market
- Check out a local sporting event
- Visit your Chamber of Commerce website to find out about local attractions
- Find a calendar of nearby fairs and festivals
- Enjoy Fourth of July festivities and fireworks
- Hike or bike a nearby trail
- Volunteer with a local organization
- Have a picnic
- Go to an outdoor movie or concert
- Run or walk a local 5K
We’ll also be planning events and activities for you throughout the summer, and if you need ideas for other fun things to do in the area, please let us know. We have information on area resources and a local calendar of events on hand to give you plenty of options. Have a memorable and fun summer!
Community Events Calendar
National Donut Day — June 2 @ 10 a.m. — It’s one of the best informal holidays of the year! Drop by the clubhouse in the morning for some delicious donuts and ice cold milk.
National Ice Cream Float Day — June 13 @ 1 p.m. — We’re all about the informal holidays this month — cool off with a refreshing root beer float before you head out to relax at the pool!
Grayson Cottages Pool Bash — June 21 from 1–5 p.m. — Help us kick off the official start of summer at the Grayson Cottages Pool Bash! We’ll have food, beverages, and popsicles for you while you relax and catch some rays.
Sand Volleyball Tournament — June 27 @ 3 p.m. — The new Grayson Cottages net is up, and that means it’s time for our first sand volleyball tournament! Teams will consist of four to six players. Further rules will be emailed out in the coming weeks. There is a sign-up sheet in the clubhouse, so if you want to play, drop by and write your team names down. You must have at least one Grayson Cottages resident in your team in order to be eligible for the grand prize.