That means the beginning of the school year is right around the corner! We’re so excited to welcome you to the neighborhood. We’ve got some exciting events coming up this month, including our Welcome to the Neighborhood Pool Bash and Welcome Week events each day during the first week of classes. Be sure to keep an eye on our Instagram on August 29 for Trivia Tuesday for your chance to win! We’ll be delivering birthday cookies to our residents with August birthdays on August 30, so keep an eye out for a staff member with cookies at your door! Remember to check your email and our social media accounts regularly for event reminders so you don’t miss out! Good luck on your first week of classes!
-Grayson Cottages Staff
Reminders & Updates
- Join our Relay For Life Team! Simply search for “Grayson Cottages” on the Relay For Life homepage and help us reach our goal of $1,000!
- Check out our newly renovated gym! The entire clubhouse, including the gym, is available to you 24/7.
- Please don’t leave your trash out on your porch! You can be charged for doing this, and raccoons and other critters will tear into the bags and leave trash everywhere. A dumpster is located at the back of the property near 1619 for your convenience.
- Office hours are Monday–Friday from 9 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m.–4 p.m., and Sunday from noon–4 p.m.
- Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees will be applied on the 4th at 9 a.m. when the office opens. Please call us if you have questions on how to set up recurring payments on your portal.
- Please do not have glass or pets in the pool area. Doing so will result in a fine and potentially result in our pool being closed for the rest of the summer.
Make This Your Best Year Yet!
Welcome to a brand-new academic year. You’re off to a great start having chosen to live at a Campus Advantage community. Our goal is to give you an amazing experience! We’ll be providing you with events, resources, and information to help you thrive.
With that goal in mind, we asked returning residents and Campus Advantage team members for their tips! Here’s some of what they had to say:
- Meet your neighbors. Create memories that will last a lifetime!
- Don’t hesitate to get involved. The only things you will regret are the things you didn’t do.
- This is your journey to success! Make a difference, make friends, and make a life!
- Keep an open mind, and take care of one another. You are part of a community, not just a housing facility.
- Set goals for this year. What do you want to experience and accomplish? Make it happen!
- Get to know the staff! The entire team is here to help you succeed.
- Tell us how we can serve you better! Whether it’s an idea for an event or a concern about the community, we want to hear from you.
- Find balance between academics and a life outside of the classroom.
- If you have roommates, set mutual expectations now to avoid future conflicts.
- Join the fun! We’ll have community events for you to join and enjoy all year. Let us know what else you want to see.
We’re passionate about your success, not only in your living experience, but in all areas. Thank you for being part of this community. We look forward to making this your best year yet!
Community Events Calendar
Move-In Day — Tuesday, August 15 — We’re so excited for our new residents to move in! Chat with a staff member, grab a quick snack or a cold drink on us, and enter a raffle to win a gift card when you come grab your keys and move-in packet!
Welcome to the Neighborhood Pool Bash — Saturday, August 19 from noon–3 p.m. — Stop by and join us for a pool bash meet and greet! Grab some food and a sweet treat, relax by the pool, and take photos with your new roommates at our photo booth!
Goodie Bags — Monday, August 21 @ noon — Stop by the office for study supplies, camping supplies, and goodies for the rest of your summer to beat those back-to-school blues!
Tie-Dye Tuesday — Tuesday, August 22 @ 5 p.m. — Join us in the office to make your own tie-dye shirt! We’ll be supplying shirts if you don’t already have one you would like to tie-dye!
Grocery Bingo — Wednesday, August 23 @ 6:30 p.m. — Stop by the clubhouse for Grocery Bingo! Bring your roommates and come play bingo for a chance to win groceries and household items such as Tupperware, Swiffers, and more!
Bonfire by the Pool — Thursday, August 24 @ 7:30 p.m. — Join us by the pool for a bonfire! We’ll have hot dogs, s’mores, and cold drinks! We will also be raffling off one of our Grayson Cottages promo packs with a gift card!
Burger Bar — Friday, August 25 @ 5 p.m. — Come build your own burger in the clubhouse! Finish off the first week of classes by relaxing by the pool or playing sand volleyball while we grill burgers for you!
Trivia Tuesday — Tuesday, August 29 — Be sure to keep an eye on our Instagram all day! We’ll be posting a trivia question, and if you’re the first to guess the correct answer, you’ll win a Grayson Cottages promo pack with a gift card to one of your favorite local spots!