That means summer is in full swing, and along with it comes warm weather and longer days to be spent relaxing by the pool! We’ve got some exciting events coming up this month, including our July birthday celebration, a tie-dye water balloon challenge, sundaes on Sunday, movie night by the pool, and taco Tuesday. Remember to check your email and our social media accounts regularly for reminders about the events to be sure you don’t miss out. Be sure to stay cool and hydrated! Soda and water will be provided by the pool on Saturdays and Sundays during business hours.
Reminders & Updates
- Join our Relay For Life Team! Simply search for “Grayson Cottages” on the Relay For Life home page and help us reach our goal of $1,000!
- Please don’t leave your trash out on your porch! You can be charged for doing this, and raccoons and other critters will tear into the bags and leave trash everywhere. A dumpster is located at the back of the property near 1619 for your convenience.
- Office hours are Monday–Friday from 9 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m.–4 p.m., and Sunday from noon–4 p.m. We’ll be closed on Tuesday, July 4 for Independence Day.
- Rent payments: Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees will be applied on the 5th at 8:30 a.m. — a day later due to the holiday.
- Please do not have glass or pets in the pool area. Doing so will result in a fine and potentially result in our pool being closed for the rest of the summer.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference,and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
July Birthday Celebration — Thursday, July 6 @ 2 p.m. — Join us at the clubhouse for our July birthday celebration! We’ll be celebrating July babies, but if you don’t have a July birthday, feel free to swing by to say happy birthday to those who do and enjoy a sweet treat on us!
Tie-Dye Water Balloon Challenge — Tuesday, July 11 @ 3 p.m. — Join us for a tie-dye water balloon fight! We’ll be handing out white T-shirts and water balloons filled with water and paint. Avoid being hit and be the last one standing to receive a prize!
Sunday Sundaes — Sunday, July 16 @ 1 p.m. — Swing by the office for a full sundae bar with all the toppings you can imagine!
Movie Night by the Pool — Wednesday, July 19 @ 8 p.m. — Grab some friends and a lawn chair, and settle in for a movie night by the pool! We’ll have a bonfire going with hot dogs and s’mores. We’ll be taking movie requests in the office, so let us know what you would like to see!
Taco Tuesday — Tuesday, July 25 @ 5 p.m. — Stop by the clubhouse for a full taco bar! We’ll have tacos, nachos, and quesadillas in addition to cold beverages. Be sure to arrive early as supplies go fast!