Summer is right around the corner! It’s starting to get warmer outside, and that means final exams are approaching. We have some exciting events coming up this month to help ease the blues of finals! Join us May 8 for our De-stress Fest, where you can take a relaxing break from your studying, hang out with your neighbors, and enjoy some food, drinks, and a movie.
We have some other amazing events coming up this month that you’ll definitely want to mark on your calendars. We’ll have a build-your-own ice cream float bar on May 2, a Mother’s Day event on May 9 to plant a flower for your mom, and a Norwegian waffle bar on May 17 to celebrate a Norwegian national holiday. As always, we’ll be delivering birthday cookies to our residents with May birthdays.
Follow us on Instagram for exclusive giveaways happening every Tuesday and Friday in May. Remember to check your email and stay up to date on our social media so you don’t miss important updates about upcoming events.
Reminders & Updates
• Join our Relay For Life Team! Simply search for “Grayson Cottages” on the Relay For Life home page and help us reach our goal of $1,000!
• Please don’t leave your trash out on your porch! You can be charged for doing this, and raccoons and other critters will tear into the bags and leave trash everywhere. A dumpster is located at the back of the property near 1619 for your convenience.
• Our office hours are Monday–Friday from 10 a.m.–7 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m., and Sunday from 1–5 p.m.
• Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees will be applied on the 4th at 10 a.m. when the office opens. Please call us if you have questions on how to set up recurring payments on your portal.
• Please help us keep our community beautiful! Please pick up your dog’s waste and place it in the proper stations located throughout the property. Failure to do so will result in a fine.
May Your Summer Be the Best One Yet — Congratulations from Campus Advantage!
As another academic year comes to an end, your management team and everyone here at Campus Advantage would like to congratulate you on a job well done. Being a successful college student or young professional takes a lot of effort, and you deserve credit for all of your hard work!
Over the past year, we hope you’ve taken advantage of all the opportunities that we’ve provided for you to connect with your neighbors, learn new skills, stay on top of your academic game, set yourself up for career success, and open your eyes to new perspectives and adventures.
Some of you may be graduating this year, some may be headed to summer classes. Maybe your hours will be spent at a summer internship or enjoying the sun on a vacation. Wherever your summer months take you, we want you to stay connected with us so we can continue to support you on your way. Consider taking the following steps to ensure your continued success as a resident of Campus Advantage:
- If you’re going to be gone for a significant part of the summer, make sure to prepay or schedule online payments so you don’t miss rent deadlines. Also, communicate your long-term absence with the management office so we can keep a pulse on who will be around this summer.
- If you haven’t already done so, sign up for a free account with the Campus Advantage Career Success portal to get resume assistance, job alerts, and tons of other resources to help you get a job!
- Got some free time? We’ll still be hosting some great events throughout the summer, so make sure to join us for some fun! Also, don’t forget to get out and enjoy our outdoor space and amenities that might have gone forgotten in the winter months.
- If you’re looking for a quality job for the next academic year, stop by and talk to us in the management office about possible openings on our Community Assistant team!
- Finally, if you’re still on the fence about signing a lease for next year — don’t wait any longer! Spaces are going fast, and we want to make sure you’re able to call this community home for another year. Stop by and see us in the management office today to renew your lease or get leasing information for a friend.
Cheers to the end of your semester, and good luck on any pending exams and projects you may have! Make sure to check out the calendar for events going on this month, and follow your community on social media to connect and fuel up for May.
Community Events Calendar
Double Tap Tuesday — Every Tuesday in May — Head on over to our Instagram for details on how you could win an exclusive prize just for leaving us a review!
Freeze Tag Friday — Every Friday in May — Follow us on Instagram for your chance to win a prize by participating in our Freeze Tag Friday giveaways!
Ice Cream Float Bar — Wednesday, May 2 @ 3 p.m. — Join us in the clubhouse to make your own ice cream float at our ice cream float bar.
May Birthday Cookies — Thursday, May 3 — Have a May birthday? Keep an eye out for a cookie delivery to your door from one of our team members!
Midnight Breakfast — Monday, May 7 @ midnight — Stop by the clubhouse for our midnight breakfast. Take a break from studying and grab some food to keep you energized to start finals off right!
De-stress Fest — Tuesday, May 8 @ 5 p.m. — Take a break from studying for finals and hang out with your neighbors to de-stress with some food, drinks, and movies.
Flowers for Mom — Wednesday, May 9 from noon–3 p.m. — Stop by the office and plant a flower for your mom!
Pizza Party — Friday, May 11 @ 5:30 p.m. — Join us for some pizza to celebrate finals being over!
Norwegian Waffle Bar — Thursday, May 17 @ noon — Stop by the office for some Norwegian waffles and to learn about the country of Norway.
Turtle Day — Wednesday, May 23, All Day — Stop by the office during office hours for some chocolate turtles.
Memorial Day Cards — Monday, May 28, All Day — Stop by the office during office hours and write a letter to a veteran. It’s a great way to say thank you for their work and sacrifices made.