That means finals season, the beginning of summer, and much warmer weather! We’ve got some exciting events coming up this month, including finals week events to help get you to the end of the semester, food events as always, and a pool bash to kick off the official start of summer. Remember to check your email and our social media accounts regularly for reminders about the events to be sure you don’t miss out. This is the final stretch of the semester — you’re almost there!
— Grayson Cottages Staff
Reminders & Updates
- Join our Relay For Life Team! Simply search “Grayson Cottages” on the Relay For Life home page and help us reach our goal of $1,000!
- Please don’t leave your trash out on your porch! You can be charged for doing this, and raccoons and other critters will tear into the bags and leave trash everywhere. Contact your fellow resident, Raphael Freelander, at (417) 861-5514 if you would like to have your trash picked up for just $10 a month!
- Office hours are Monday–Friday from 9 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m.–4 p.m., and Sunday from noon–4 p.m.
- Rent payments: Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees will be applied on the 4th at 8:30 a.m.
- Lock your doors, windows, and cars even when you’re home!
May Your Summer Be the Best One Yet — Congratulations from Campus Advantage!
As another academic year comes to an end, your management team and everyone here at Campus Advantage would like to congratulate you on a job well done. Being a successful college student or young professional takes a lot of effort, and you deserve credit for all of your hard work!
Over the past year, we hope you’ve taken advantage of all the opportunities that we’ve provided for you to connect with your neighbors, learn new skills, stay on top of your academic game, set yourself up for career success, and open your eyes to new perspectives and adventures.
Some of you may be graduating this year, some may be headed to summer classes. Maybe your hours will be spent at a summer internship or enjoying the sun on a vacation. Wherever your summer months take you, we want you to stay connected with us so we can continue to support you on your way. Consider taking the following steps to ensure your continued success as a resident of Campus Advantage:
- If you’re going to be gone for a significant part of the summer, make sure to prepay or schedule online payments so you don’t miss rent deadlines. Also, communicate your long-term absence with the management office so we can keep a pulse on who will be around this summer.
- If you haven’t already done so, sign up for a free account with the Campus Advantage Career Success portal to get resume assistance, job alerts, and tons of other resources to help you get a job!
- Got some free time? We’ll still be hosting some great events throughout the summer, so make sure to join us for some fun! Also, don’t forget to get out and enjoy our outdoor space and amenities that might have gone forgotten in the winter months.
- If you’re looking for a quality job for the next academic year, stop by and talk to us in the management office about possible openings on our Community Assistant team!
- Finally, if you’re still on the fence about signing a lease for next year — don’t wait any longer! Spaces are going fast, and we want to make sure you’re able to call this community home for another year. Stop by and see us in the management office today to renew your lease or get leasing information for a friend.
Cheers to the end of your semester, and good luck on any pending exams and projects you may have! Make sure to check out the calendar for events going on this month, and follow your community on social media to connect and fuel up for May.
Community Events Calendar
Cinco de Mayo Lunch — Friday, May 5 @ noon — Join us at the clubhouse for a Cinco de Mayo lunch! We’ll have free tacos, nachos, chips and salsa, queso, and more!
Finals Week — This week is all about helping you get through finals and to the end of a long semester!
- Monday, May 8 @ 9 a.m. — Join us in the clubhouse for breakfast on the go! Pick up an energy drink or a granola bar to help get through your Monday morning finals.
- Tuesday, May 9 — Study supplies will be provided in the clubhouse to help you ace your exams!
- Wednesday, May 10 @ 5 p.m. — Join us for dinner on us! Whether you’re done with finals or still have three to go, come grab a slice of pizza and a cold beverage, and relax with fellow residents.
- Thursday, May 11 @ noon — Come grab a quick bite for lunch on your way to campus! We’ll have Jersey Mike’s sandwiches in the clubhouse!
- Friday, May 12 — Summer send-off! Stop by the clubhouse and grab some summer gear. The picture with the most likes on Facebook will receive a gift card!
Pool Bash — Tuesday, May 30 from noon–6 p.m. — Finals are over, and summer is officially in full swing. Kick off summer the right way with refreshments and snacks by the pool!