It’s beginning to get hot outside in the midst of the summer weather. We have some exciting events coming up to help you enjoy your summer break and to keep you cool!
Join us June 6 for our ice cream social and make your own ice cream sundae! On June 7, we’ll have a karaoke night. Make sure you stop by to bring out your inner Beyoncé and get some sushi. On June 12, we’ll be hosting a dessert bar, so make sure to stop by and grab some tasty treats. As always, we’ll be delivering birthday cookies to our residents with June birthdays.
Follow us on Instagram for exclusive giveaways happening every Tuesday and Friday in June. Remember to check your email and stay up to date on our social media so you don’t miss important updates about upcoming events.
Reminders & Updates
- Join our Relay For Life Team! Simply search for “Grayson Cottages” on the Relay For Life homepage and help us reach our goal of $1,000!
- Please don’t leave your trash out on your porch! You can be charged for doing this, and raccoons and other critters will tear into the bags and leave trash everywhere. A dumpster is located at the back of the property near 1619 for your convenience.
- Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees will be applied on the 4th at 10 a.m. when the office opens. Please call us if you have questions on how to set up recurring payments on your portal.
- Please help us keep our community beautiful! Please pick up your dog’s waste and place it in the proper stations located throughout the property. Failure to do so will result in a fine.
Summer Like a Local
Whether you’re going home or staying put for the summer, take advantage of all our community has to offer! Summers can be a great chance to enjoy the area in some new and different ways. With the hectic pace of school, many students miss out on opportunities to get involved and have fun in their local community during the academic year — it’s time to change that! From festivals to parks and local attractions, below are some ways you can summer like a local. As a bonus, most of them are either free or very affordable!
- Do something touristy
- Visit a farmers market
- Check out a local sporting event
- Visit your Chamber of Commerce website to find out about local attractions
- Find a calendar of nearby fairs and festivals
- Enjoy Fourth of July festivities and fireworks
- Hike or bike a nearby trail
- Volunteer with a local organization
- Have a picnic
- Go to an outdoor movie or concert
- Run or walk a local 5K
We’ll also be planning events and activities for you throughout the summer, and if you need ideas for other fun things to do in the area, please let us know. We have information on area resources and a local calendar of events on hand to give you plenty of options. Have a memorable and fun summer!
Community Events Calendar
Double Tap Tuesday — Every Tuesday in June — Head on over to our Instagram for details on how you could win an exclusive prize just for leaving us a review!
Freeze Tag Friday — Every Friday in June — Follow us on Instagram for your chance to win a prize by participating in our Freeze Tag Friday giveaways!
National Doughnut Day — Friday, June 1 from 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. — Join us in the clubhouse to celebrate National Doughnut Day. Come by and grab a doughnut or two on us.
Ice Cream Social — Wednesday, June 6 from 4–6 p.m. — Join us for an ice cream social where you can meet your neighbors and make a delicious sundae with CA Kennedi!
Karaoke and Sushi Night — Thursday, June 7 from 7–9 p.m. — Stop by the clubhouse for some sushi and to sing your heart out with CA Jake!
Chicken Nugget Lunch — Monday, June 11 from noon–2 p.m. — Join us in the clubhouse for a classic Southern comfort food lunch with RD Alyssa.
Dessert Bar — Tuesday, June 12 from 2–4 p.m. — Join us for some yummy dessert with CA Morganne!
Birthday Cookies — Thursday, June 14 — Happy birthday to all of our residents with birthdays in June.
National Selfie Day — Thursday, June 21 from noon–5 p.m. — Stop by the office to take some fun pictures/selfies with cool filters and some nifty props with CA Morganne.
Splish Splash Pool Bash — Friday, June 22 from noon–4 p.m. — Stop by the pool, enjoy some delicious food, take a dip in the pool, and play games with CA Catherine.